Sunday, January 8, 2012

Zumba® Biggest Loser Challenge

To help all my faithful Zumba® participants reach their fitness goals, I am holding a Biggest Loser Challenge. We won't be monitoring pounds lost, but rather inches. It will kick off on Thursday January 12th, and finish March 8th. That gives you guys eight weeks to work as hard as you can!

I will begin measuring participants before Zumba® at Valdosta Parks and Recreation on the 12th. Class starts at 6:00 pm, and I am planning to arrive at 5:00 to ensure I can get all the measurements completed prior to exercise. I will be doing all measuring before class starts for greater accuracy. Sweating and fatiguing muscles could affect the numbers. I will do this every Thursday for the duration of the challenge.

I will be taking measurements from three areas. The first will be the waistline. The definition of waistline is the narrowest part of the torso between the umbilicus (belly button) and xyphoid process (just below sternum on the rib cage) so it may be different for each individual. The second place I will measure will be the abdomen. I measure this as two inches below the navel. The third measurement will be taken around the hips. These three places are the primary areas where women hold the most fat, so a reduction in inches from these areas usually means the subject has lost fat rather than lean muscle.

I am getting together a very nice prize pack for the winner. Details on the contents will come at a later date. Several of my Zumba® students have volunteered to add some exciting items to it. I'm sure the winner will be very happy, not only with the prize, but with her new figure!

There is no cost to sign up, and I won't be cutting off registration on the 12th. If you'd like to join at a later date, you may, but be aware that the other participants will have a head start if you wait! So far, I have 19 people signed up, so there will be some fierce competition. I'm so excited to provide an incentive for reaching your goals. You can expect some killer workouts in my classes over the next few weeks to help you along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment