Monday, August 8, 2011

Survey Results Are In!

I have been conducting surveys during my Zumba® Fitness classes over the last few weeks, and I would like to let my students know the verdicts. I want each of my participants to get a great workout, and have as much fun as possible!

A few of you are unhappy with the carpet at the Valdosta Parks and Recreation location. I certainly understand this concern. The carpet makes it difficult to pivot or move side to side. I decided to teach there because it was a much larger venue than my other locations, and my classes on Tuesday and Thursday evenings were too packed for everyone to get a safe and effective workout.

The Parks and Recreation Department also has a large gymnasium on site, and I have discussed moving our Zumba classes there with my contact. Now that the summer child care programs are over, it is definitely a possibility. My only concern is that there isn't a stage. I am looking into having a portable one built so that the participants in the back row can have a good view of the front. We will know more about whether we can move our class there in the upcoming weeks.

If the carpet is really bothering you, I would suggest getting some shoes with a smooth sole, or modifying your current shoes. A few strips of packing tape or clear duct tape across the ball of your foot can aid in sliding. You may also purchase some slip on dancers from slip-ons.net that slide over your sneakers to help you glide across the carpet more easily. I have also heard of others putting panty hose over their shoes, but I haven't tried this option.

I am excited to hear that you guys are interested in more Zumba® Toning and Zumbatomic® classes! I am considering changing my Friday afternoon class from a regular Zumba® class to a Toning class, and adding more weekend events. I would love to do another set of Saturday morning Toning and Zumbatomic® classes later class this month. I am tentatively planning one for August 27th at Anytime Fitness in the 5 points shopping plaza.

For the most part, everyone is happy with the difficulty of choreography. I may add in one song every now and then that is a little more complicated, but I certainly don't want to alienate first timers. I like to make sure that everyone can catch on to the steps quickly, and then add fitness variations to work your body! Don't be afraid to take it up higher if you want a harder workout. I would love to have more people on stage with me to show various degrees of difficulty!

I really appreciate that you guys are telling all your friends about my classes! It means a lot to me that you value your workout enough to spread the Zumba® love! I will send out more surveys in a few months to ensure that you guys are happy with your classes. Your opinions matter to me! Thanks so much for taking the time to fill them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment