Thursday, October 6, 2011

Principles of Training

My personal training clients get results. If they complete training sessions with me, and do not eat in excess of what they are burning, they always get closer to their fitness goals. There is no secret to my success. I simply follow the basic guidelines to create an exercise program, and tailor it to the specific needs of each client.

In order to increase fitness levels, decrease body fat, or increase lean body mass, the body must undergo a type of stress that it isn't accustomed to receiving. Pushing past your normal capacities will force your body to respond, and will increase your limitations. For example, if you are currently sedentary, and then start a brisk walking program, soon walking will be much simpler for your body to perform because it has adapted to the overload you have given it. This is true of any body system.

There are four principles of exercise training, when altered, can help clients achieve desired results. These principles are frequency, how often you exercise per week, intensity, how hard you work out, time, the length of each exercise session, and type, the kind of exercise you are performing.

All the principles are interrelated, such as if you increase the intensity of an exercise, you probably can not perform it for the same length of time. I adjust each one of these variables for every individual client. Each person has different goals and means to get there, and changing the frequency, intensity, time, and type of the client's exercise program to overload the body is a foolproof plan for reaching these goals. Stimulating the body beyond its current capabilities is what makes my clients get results.

I do my very best to push my clients further than even they believe they can go. Whether it is that extra rep of a bicep curl, another minute jogging, or jumping up onto a box, I work hard to motivate my clients to challenge their bodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment